A great activity from our partners which combine a unique wine tasting, in one of the most famous vineyards of Crete, Manousakis Winery, with the history and the traditions of the Island and find out all about the lifestyle of a Cretan shepherd by exploring an original shepherd’s hut. Enjoy the unique view of Chania from above and meet the wildlife of Crete by the help of our Land Rovers, driven by expert English speaking guides.
Cretan Vineyards and Wine tasting
Arriving at the Vineyard, you will learn everything there is to know about the production of Cretan wines before proceeding to the winery and the underground cellars. The well-trained staff will show us around the vineyards and winery. You will enjoy walking around while you soak up the local flavor and culture of the wines.
The wine tasting includes:
A tour to the winery and the vineyard
A presentation and explanation of the wine-making process
A full tasting of wines paired with local Cretan snacks
Free admission to an art exhibition held in an old family home.
Explore an original Shepherd’s “Mitato” and meet Cretan wild fauna
Our amazing off-road adventure starts after climbing up the White Mountains and passing through Meskla village which is situated under plane trees, beside the river Keritis. On the way up to the shepherd’s “Mitato” you will enjoy the magnificent panoramic view of northern Crete and, if we are lucky... eagles and wild goats will stop for us to take some photos. Arriving at Therisso and working up an appetite we visit a small traditional tavern where we will be welcomed by the owner, to introduce us to Cretan cuisine with plenty of food, wine and warm Cretan hospitality. A small rocky road will lead us up to our trip’s highest point 1150 meters in altitude, where you will find out all about the lifestyle of a shepherd and explore his original "Mitato". There will be free time for taking photos and exploring the area. On our way back we will pass through the amazing gorge of Therisso that will lead us to the city of Chania.
- Ideal for everyone, youth groups, single or couple participants.
- The trip has guided stops every 30 to 40 minutes.
- The trip is not recommended under 8 years old.
- The wine tasting is not available under 18yrs old.
- Don’t forget your trekking shoes or sandals and your camera.
- Hotel pick up and drop off.
- Transportation by Land Rover Defenders.
- English speaking group guide-drivers.
- Entrance fees for wine tasting with snacks.
- Lunch with traditional Cretan food and wine!
- A visit to an original shepherd’s “Mitato”.
- Liability Insurance and local Taxes
- Departures: 8:30 am from Chania, 8:50 am from Platanias, 8:30 am from Kolimvari
- Duration: 8 hrs (approx.)
- Return: 17:00 (approx.)
- Covered distance: 130km
- Altitude differ.: 1150m
- From 13- 99 Adults: 74.00 €
- From 8-12 Children: 47.00 €
* All prices are per person and include VAT
- Gratuities (optional)
For more info and reservations please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org