This is great news ...
More than glad to receive this information today.
As of April 1, 46 major museums and archaeological sites in Crete, Greece will extend their opening hours.
The selected ( according populariy and number of visits) museums and sites will be open between 8.00 a.m. and 8.00 p.m.
This measure which was applied since last year at 33 museums and sites, saw an increase in visitors and revenue.
Especially in Crete these sites will be : Archaeological Site of Knossos, Archaeological Site of Phaistos, Psychro Cave, Lassithi, Archaeological Museum of Heraklion, Spinalonga Islet at Elounda.
The 33 sites selected to offer extended hours this season (seen below) cover 95 percent of those visits.
1. Acropolis of Athens, Theatre of Dionysus (Acropolis South Slope), Ancient Agora of Athens
2. National Archaeological Museum, Athens
3. Archaeological Site of Olympieion, Athens
4. Byzantine and Christian Museum, Athens
5. Archaeological Site of Sounio
6. Archaeological Museum of Thessaloniki
7. White Tower, Thessaloniki
8. Museum of Byzantine Culture, Thessaloniki
9. Archaeological Site of Epidaurus
10. Archaeological Site of Mycenae
11. Archaeological Site of Olympia
12. Museum of Ancient Olympia
13. Archaeological Site of Delphi
14. Archaeological Museum of Delphi
15. Royal Tombs of Aigai (Vergina)
16. Archaeological Site of Delos
17. Archaeological Site of Akrotiri, Santorini
18. Archaeological Site of Lindos, Rhodes
19. Sanctuary of Asklepios on Kos
20. Castle of Neratzia, Kos
21. Archaeological Site of Kameiros, Rhodes
22. Archaeological Museum of Rhodes
23. Acropolis of Ialyssos, Rhodes
27. Archaeological Site of Ancient Corinth
28. Palace of the Knights, Rhodes
29. Archaeological Site of Mystras
30. Spinalonga Islet
31. Old Fortress of Corfu
32. Palamidi Fortress, Nafplion