Akrotiri was a settlement with stone-paved streets and squares, a prudently designed zoning plan and an advanced sewage system. The houses were two- and three-story, built with stone and mud. The ground floors housed craftsmen’s workshops and storerooms, mainly for food. The rooms of the upper stories were bathed in natural light streaming in through large windows. Most walls were decorated with elaborate paintings depicting people, animals and plants. The furniture was wooden and the...
Posts tagged with `Akrotiri-Thira`
Share This With Others
- Athens Voted Second Best Destination in Europe for 2020
- The Acropolis is Among the World’s Best-value Tourist Attractions for 2020
- Santo Maris Oia is the World’s Leading Boutique Resort for 2019
- CNN Travel: Milos Among World’s Most Beautiful Islands
- Folegandros Ready to Host ‘Sunset Trail’ Running Event