description Book now
A unique tour through Heraklion town, a great way to discover Venetian & Ottoman Heraklion with a Private guide.
- 1-4 Hours
- History & Culture
- Town Walking Tours
During this walking tour, we will discover all the monuments of the largest town in Crete, Venetian Walls, Venetian fountain of Morosini, Venetian harbor, Venetian arsenals, St. Minas Cathedral, Church of St. Titus (Vizier's mosque), Church of St. Mark, Loggia and many more.
A 2-hour walking tour in the largest town of Crete, Venetian & Ottoman Heraklion or Iraklion, to discover its history, finest hidden gems.
Heraklion has a history of 3000 years and in the past was known as Rabd Al-Handak (Arab period), Khandax (2nd Byzantine period), Candia (Venetian period), and Kandiye (Ottoman period). The locals often called it simply Megalo Kastro (the Big Castle).
This tour is
- A great way to discover Venetian & Ottoman Heraklion with a private guide.
- Enjoy a peripatetic tour through the streets of Heraklion and have a direct impression of locals' life.
- Admire the Venetian Walls and have a great view of the City of Heraklion, discover all the monuments of the largest town in Crete. The tour includes the Venetian Walls, the Venetian fountain of Morosini, the Venetian harbor, the Venetian arsenals, the Cathedral, the Church of St. Titus, the Church of St. Mark, the Venetian Loggia, impressive Ottoman buildings and monuments, the tomb of Nikos Kazantzakis, the local food market, tavernas, cafenios, restaurants, cafes, shops, and other places, according to your interests.
- Discover vibrant Heraklion with a licensed local guide and don't miss places you'd probably never find on your own!
- Meet your guide at any location, that is convenient for you and start your walk through the streets of the City.
- The tour will last at least 2 hours. The tour duration is purely indicative. The tour can take more, or less, if need.
- This is a walking tour (approximately 8000 steps). Please wear suitable shoes.
A flat rate of 200 Euros for a maximum of 5 persons
- Drinks & snacks
- Restaurant meals
- Shopping & souvenirs
Is an official & fully licensed guide, who was born in Crete. He is a full-time professional guide. He has acquired a broad experience, undertaking tour excursions for private groups of various interests and backgrounds. He enjoys traveling and has a big love for his homeland: the island of Crete.
- 08 days or more prior to tour: no penalty
- 07-02 days: 50%
- 01 day or less: full charge
- In case the specific tour chosen can not materialize because of weather or other conditions beyond our control, clients will be able to reschedule for another day or will be offered a replacement tour. If the options offered are not accepted by clients, the tour is canceled and is fully refundable.
The reviews for the Heraklion City Walk Tour