Once upon a time houses and buildings were decorated with these unique mosaic/chessboard floor tiles and fitted out with wood shelves and bed frames like those from a quality ocean-going yacht or the cabins in a tramp steamer - Palazzo Arhontiko Apartments is one of the best-preserved and renovated examples.
It offers the unusual ability to be on the beach, yet in the center of Agios Nikolaos town!
In its 10 suite-apartments, 8 of which have a sea view - right there in front of the hotel, on the small convenient in-town beach of kitroplatia in Agios Nikolaos, you find a sense of quality, a feeling you are in the right location.
At Palazzo Arthontiko Apartments, you will experience hospitality, you can enjoy eating at the special treat-of-a-restaurant next door, or you step across to the beach and swim - but in the same few steps you can be walking to the town's numerous shops, cafes and restaurants, going to the "lake" cafes and enjoying a selection of town attractions.
Start your day with breakfast in the stylish beach-view dining area and enjoy the best the morning can introduce as the sea glistens and the nearby cafes and shops beckon. The hotel is truly "on the beach", with cafes and eating places, and a few minutes walk providing a selection of all manner of things to buy and pamper yourself with.
If one of you wants to soak up the sun, splash, and swim - the other wants to explore shops, churches, and the sights - you have both, you have it all!
Apartments have fully equipped kitchens, polished vintage marble bathrooms, some with bathtubs others with shower. All have a balcony or two.
Why We Like It
- An old glory restored building one of the best-preserved and renovated examples. It offers the unusual ability to be on the beach, yet in the center of Agios Nikolaos town!
- The rooms are spacious, provide all the facilities you need, are beautifully furnished with antiques.
- Popi (your hostess) and her team are great, glad to help in any way they can.
Good To Know
- Please note that all guests are kindly requested to advise of their arrival time.
- The Hotel doesn't have its parking, therefore, you could park around the hotel or maybe at the nearby public parking-5 Euros per day.
There are 10 unique suite apartments with a private bathroom. Eight of them face the front, with sea view & balcony and 2 rooms face the rear (street, not sea view).
- Two rooms are "Family" rooms, with a double and a single bed in the bedroom and a sofa in the living room (2nd children can sleep on this). Both these rooms have a sea view & a bathroom with a shower.
- All-Suite Apartments have a double (standard double) bed (most have also a sofa-bed in the living room) and bathroom with bathtub or shower.
All Apartments have air conditioning, satellite TV, free ADSL internet connection, telephone line, bathroom with bathtub or shower, with hairdryer & slippers, iron & ironing board, safe. Kitchenette with 2 hotplates, microwave oven, mini-fridge, coffee machine, kettle, sandwich toaster, cutlery & utensils.
Rich continental breakfast is included in the rate and is served daily 08:30 - 10:00 am (late breakfast 10.30 served in the room upon request) at Palazzo Arhontiko Apartments.
Each room has a fully equipped kitchenette to prepare your meal. (Kitchenette with 2 hotplates, microwave oven, mini-fridge, coffee machine, kettle, sandwich toaster, cutlery & utensils).
A few suggestions about eating at Agios Nikolaos :
Migomis restaurant - cafe. It is perched above "the lake" with a grand view across it, and part of the harbor with the sea beyond, the linen tablecloths announce a smarter place to eat, the restaurant has an original menu and is a delight to dine at when something better beckons. Accomplished live piano performance is a regular feature.
Pelagos restaurant is a stand-alone neoclassical building with a boat in front of it, it has a relaxing garden that is shaded by extensive tree and shrub wood and leaves. A forested eatery! Specializes in fish & seafood.
Kids of all ages are welcome at Palazzo Archontiko Apartments.
Palazzo provides apartments that are perfectly suitable for families of 4 people (2 adults and 2 children or 3 adults and 1 child).
Children (0-12 years) are free of charge.
Baby cot is provided free of charge.
- Discover the city of Agios Nikolaos. The church of Agios Nikolaos has given the multi-faceted town its current name. The famously deep "lake" is a natural congregating point for waterfront cafes and eating places. Shops cover a range of styles, interesting items can be found on sale in the town center. Cafes cater to tastes from regular nightlife to a literary bent.
- Nearby attractions include Kritsa village and Katharos plateau - and the wonderfully scenic "corniche" coastal route to Sitia. Good beaches within the town and on the east coast.
- Chrissi or Gaidouronisi is called the small island in the south part of Crete. This is the island with the famous white-pink sandy beach. Take the boat from Ierapetra 35km from Agios Nikolaos, for a daily cruise to this small paradise.
- Enjoy a full-day excursion at the palm forest of Vai on the eastern side of Crete. This is the only palm forest in Europe and it ends up on a nice sandy beach, one of the best on the island. Please note that the beach is full of sunbeds and umbrellas and also full of tourists (early morning, late afternoon, spring, or end of Summer is highly suggested).
- On the way back don't miss visiting the Toplou Monastery to admire the view. This is one of the most well-organized monasteries, that produces olive oil and also excellent quality wine.
- Drive a bit longer to visit the Minoan Ancient Site of Itanos and to enjoy pleasant swimming at two isolated beaches.
- ake the boat from Elounda or Plaka for a mini cruise to Spinalonga island, an ex lepra colony. Spinalonga became even more famous because of the book " The Island". If you decide to visit the island, we suggest you come here early in the morning or late in the afternoon because of the high temperate during the day.
- More uplifting activities in East Crete.
- Check-in: 14.00 - 16.00 pm (After this time the front desk is not manned unless we are aware of the guest arrival time or guests refer to the Palazzo Cafe for further assistance)
- Check out: 10.00 - 12.00 pm
- Minimum Stay: 2-3 nights, depending on the season
- Payment Policy: Credit card details (Visa or Mastercard) are required to charge the deposit amount to confirm a reservation. No additional charges will be made to the credit card unless cancellation charges have to be applied. The Balance amount is to be paid directly to Palazzo Arhontiko Apartments at the time of stay. Note: Visa & Mastercard are accepted at Palazzo Apartments
- Cancellation Policy:
- In case of cancellations up to 20 days before arrival there is not any penalty.
- In case of cancellations in less than the above-mentioned days up to 2 days before arrival date the 50% of the total amount will be deducted as a cancellation fee.
- In case of cancellation 24 hours before arrival date (after 14:00) or last-minute cancellation (guest already in the hotel) or no show (not arrived till 14:00 on the day of arrival) 100% accommodation will be deducted as penalty.
- Good to know:
Please note that all guests are kindly requested to advise the Hotel of their arrival time.
Please note that the front desk operates for limited hours only.
This property will not accommodate hen, stag, or similar parties.
How To Get There
Palazzo Archontiko Apartments is ideally situated in a privileged setting - meters away from a sandy beach and the center of Agios Nikolaos.
- By Air
From April through October there are direct charter and scheduled flights to Heraklion airport (61km). Tickets can be bought in advance for almost all flights via our partner website.
- By Sea
If you love traveling by ferry, reserve a flight to Athens and then from Piraeus port to Heraklion or Chania by ferry. It takes about 8 hours and the ferries are good. Tickets can be bought in advance for all ferries via our partner website.
- By Car
If you want to explore the region while you're here, we recommend that you rent a car, other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent. We suggest our sister website Crete-Car-Rental.com, which offers competitive prices and you can collect your car at either airport.
- By Taxi
Book your taxi transfer online easily and safely from the airport or port to any location via our partner website.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through CreteTravel.com
- Dining: Rich continental breakfast is included in the rate and is served daily 08:30 - 10:00 am (late breakfast 10.30 served in the room upon request). Each room has a fully equipped kitchenette to prepare your meal
- Internet Access: Wifi available in all areas, cable connection in all rooms
- Swimming Pool: Not available
- Spa Treatments: Not available
- Disabled Access: Not suitable
- Pets: Pets are not allowed
- Smoking Policy: Smoking Is Not Permitted inside the rooms. If the smoke of cigarette or cigar or any similar is detected, PENALTIES for the express cleaning of the room will apply at the value of 3 times up the daily room rate. Guests are kindly requested to smoke in the balcony with the room doors closed
- Laundry Service on request (9,00Euros per load)
- Languages Spoken: Greek, English
- Parking: Public parking is possible at a location nearby (extra cost per day 5 Euros)
- Good to Know: Meters away is the marina (the only international-standard marina in Crete)