A must of a restaurant in a must of a location on Crete, Kato Zakros with delicious Cretan traditional food, warm hospitality, wonderful service ...
Here at the easternmost part of Crete in Kato Zakros, just beside the sea and with a stunning view to the Libyan sea, you will find maybe one of the best eateries in east Crete, the traditional Cretan tavern, restaurant of Nikos Platanakis.
Excellent taverna with produce of vegetables and fruits from family gardens - which one can walk through on the way to the beach. Amazing quality of fruit and vegetables - apparently due to the eco system here.
Extensive menu including well-known dishes such as fresh grilled fish, cooked vegetables, ntolmades, Vlita, moussaka, souvlaki, etc. Must try the Zakros bottled lemonade - delicious!
All the vegetables come from their own production, are cut daily from our farm and are always cooked with extra virgin olive oil.
A family restaurant, with plenty of repeater guests, guarantee quality and an extra value for money (very reasonable prices).
Kato Zakros, Sitia
Tel : 28430 26887
Cell Phone : 6992318685
- Name: Platanakis - Cretan Traditional Family Tavern
- Where: Kato Zakros, Lasithi
- Type of Cuisine: Cretan,Mediterranean,Vegetarian,Greek,Grill
- Good for: Local Cusine,Families with Children,Organic/Sustainable,Scenic View,Value for Money,Seaside
- Dinning Options: Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner
4 From 5