These simple and attractive apartments are set on the edge of a strip of land that reaches out into the sea of Makrigialos Village, in eastern Crete. Their exceptional position gives them superb views to the sea, the village and surrounding mountains.
The lovely fishing harbour of Makrigialos, with tavernas and cafes for breakfast, snacks and full meals, is only a 1 minute stroll away, as is the main long sandy beach. The beach has a very gentle incline that makes it particularly suitable for children. As you go to the eastern part of the village, tourist shops and facilities are more frequent and things are a bit noisier. A second quieter sand and pebble beach is a 2 minute walk, to the west of Akrotiri.
Each Akrotiri Apartment consists of one bedroom with twin beds, a living room with a sofa bed (that becomes two more beds), a kitchenette and a bathroom with shower.
Each Akrotiri Studio consists of a living/sleeping room with two beds (an additional bed can be provided if required), a kitchenette and a bathroom with shower.
All studios/apartments have air conditioning, telephone, satellite TV and a balcony or terrace with sea view. The kitchenette has 2 hotplates, a mini-oven, small fridge, coffee facilities, cutlery and utensils. The flowery gardens enhance the beautiful setting and views.
The owner family living on site is ready to welcome and care for their guests.
Ideal base for a relaxed vacation by the sea in a pleasantly uncrowded beach town. Good swimming, water sports and boat trips to Koufonisi and Chrissi Island. Explore other fairly quiet beaches nearby like Mavros Kolimbos and Koutsouras or the interesting villages of Pefki and Agios Stefanos in the mountains above.
Walk a small gorge in the area or visit the Kapsa Monastery nearby. Visit Ierapetra and take a boat trip to Chrissi Island (Gaidouronisi), with the white sands and cedar trees.
- Hotel Name: Akrotiri Apartments - Makrigialos
- Area: Lasithi, Makrigialos
- Why Go: Beach-front Setting,Family-Friendly,Friendly enviroment,Lovely Views,Relaxed
Why we like it
- Its exceptional position on the headland gives them superb views to the sea, the village, surrounding mountains and a breeze to keep things cool.
- Friendly environment, as the owner family living on site is ready to welcome and care personally for all the guests.
- The beach of Makriyialos has a very gentle incline that makes it particularly suitable for children.
What to know
- There is not a frequent bus connection down to the Makrigialos Village.
- Quite simple decoration in Apartments and Studios.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Apartments - Studios||Beach/Seaside :|
|Rooms:||9||Marvelous view :|
|Pool:||No||Family hospitality :|
|Dining:||No||Cheap & Chic :|
|Closed:||November to March||Village Atmosphere :|