Elia Traditional Hotel is a place you feel lucky to find. This older building has been successfully adapted into a tempting inn. A work of love, done well.
Rooms have character here. Old beams and stone give the feel of a generations-old quality home with some of the atmosphere of a smaller parador. Each of the nine suites has its own character, decorated with antique furniture and objects d'art - all for harmony within a peerlessly tranquil environment. Enjoy views towards Kolymbari and the peninsula and far out to sea, all from a lush green hillside.
If you need help becoming the relaxed person Elia Traditional Hotel creates, the steam room or sauna will do the trick. Otherwise just enjoy the places to sit, food (requested in advance), and lounge around the pool (wisely kept at a distance from the main building and gardens).
Garden, fruit trees, and an ancient and enormous oak tree you can sit under complete the picture of perfect enjoyment.
Since 2013, Elia Inn and her eco-friendly hotel strive forward with continuing efforts to offer better services and facilities to guests: new solar water 'eco-friendly' heater, new ‘silent’ air-conditioning units in all rooms, new ‘silent’ mini-bar fridge in each room, new television in each room, new sun-beds around pool, and air-conditioning in all bedrooms in Villa Elanthi.
Convenient to Chania (25 minutes) and visits to Deliana Gorge, St. John the Hermit's cave (amazing!), and the old Christian Rotonda church. Visit the oldest olive tree in the world (more than 2000 years old), from which they cut the olive wreath (kotinos) for the Olympic marathon gold medallist, within a short walk from Elia.
Horse riding is possible in the nearby Deres horse farm. There are many old villages within walking distance and a short drive. The nearest place to eat and enjoy refreshments is an 8-minute drive.
The beach and waterfront cafes & tavernas at Kolymbari are 10 minutes by car. The nearest beach is 6 km. The renowned beaches of Balos and Gramvousa, Falassarna, Elafonissi, and Paleochora are available to explore in the area.
- Hotel Name: Elia Traditional Hotel
- Area: Chania, Ano Vouves
- Why Go: Countryside,Quiet location,Spa,Food & Wine,Mountains,Pool,Relaxed,Restaurant,Rustic
Why we like it
- The comfort, the setting, the quiet, the charm, the meals, the welcome, the spa, the large pool, and it could go on!
- The generous, delicious breakfast with koulourakia biscuits and other fresh-baked Cretan cakes.
- Friendly and attentive service led by the excellent manager Jo, an English woman who has lived in Crete for many years.
What to know
- Some rooms, especially those clustered around reception and the dining terrace, feature some lack of privacy. Request rooms furthest from here or book the separate Villa Elanthi, which has its own gardens and patio
- We recommend that you rent a car as other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent.
- Wifi access is provided only in public areas, not in the rooms.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Small Hotels & Inns||Nice atmosphere :|