If you dreamed of staying awhile in a wonderfully restored traditional house in a real Cretan village - you have found it.
Easily accessed from the city of Heraklion and a few minutes inland from the coast and beaches east of the city, with the joy of nearby villages to explore. That terrace, the view as you prepare a morning coffee ... stroll around the village. Feel away from the crowds but close enough to the attractions of Crete.
An olive press produced some the finest Cretan olive oil here years ago; now this truly traditional house with secluded small entrance courtyard with charming terrace garden off the living room - with a barbecue and superb hilltop views, is a delight to stay in. Fabrica is surprisingly good value for the quality and atmosphere it provides.
In the middle of Anopolis village with kafeneios and tavernas for lazy and tasty moments, but secluded with side walls. You are near (15-20 minutes by car) to Hersonissos, Heraklion, Knossos. A few minutes and you are on the beach in Kokkini Hani or at Crete largest water park. You can take some of the more interesting roads via other unspoiled villages to the Lassithi Plateau, Mount Dikti and across to some of the small south coast villages and quieter beaches.
Good to know : Evi and Manolis, the owners, will be glad to provide you with all the valuable information for day trips to places unspoilt by tourism and they are going to made your holiday in Crete a life time experience. We highly recoment it!
- Hotel Name: Fabrica Traditional House
- Area: Heraklion, Anopolis
- Why Go: Village Athmosphere,Beautiful Terraces and Gardens,Countryside,Lovely Views,Peaceful Rural Setting in Village,Relaxed,Rural
Why we like it
- A perfect place to relax and enjoy the tranquility of a small Cretan Village. The house does feel like a home away from home
- A delightful place, very comfortable and quiet and an excellent base for exploring. Yet it's just 15 minutes' drive from Heraklion vibrant town, and 20 minutes from Minoan Palace of Knossos.
- The owners Evi & Manolis are extremely helpful and always "there" to provide you with any help.
- Good value for money!
- Aramnos tavern at the village is just superb. More best suggestions from Evi and Manolis upon your arrival
What to know
- Unfit for disabled people due to the spiral staircase.
- No internet access.
- Public transport doesn't come this far, so you need to hire a car - and be prepared for some steep winding tracks!
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Houses||Village Atmosphere :|
|Rooms:||1||Cheap & Chic :|
|Pool:||No||Family hospitality :|
|Dining:||No||Architecture & style :|
|Children:||Welcome||Family hospitality :|
|Closed:||Never||Nice atmosphere :|