A warm welcome from Eleni the owner, the delightful town of Rethimno, an atmospheric historical two storey preservable building, a small hospitable hotel and this journey begins.
Hotel Leo with just 8 rooms in the centre of picturesque Rethimno, housed in a historical two story preservable building. It is used to be the mansion of a local nobleman of the Venetian period and is dated back in 1450. Nowadays, it is the landmark of architectural with the time passing by, Cretan, Venetian and Turkish elements.
It is located at one of the most colorful, pedestrianized, medieval narrow streets of the Old Town of Rethymno, Vafe street, where you can enjoy your breakfast or drink.
Next to the historic site of Loggia and just 50 metres from the Venetian Harbour, Hotel Leo offers rooms with free Wi-Fi in the centre of Rethymno’s old town. The castle of Fortezza is 300 metres away.
Since its opening as a hotel in 1982, and after its complete renovation in 2008, it offers eight unique cozy rooms of great esthetics and architecture, thus offering to its guests an outstanding experience of accommodation. Four of these eight rooms can host up to three people.
This small, romantic old town hotel has an excellent location: in the middle of the heart of the historic town center, just a few steps from the beach and just as close to the beautiful Venetian port of the town. In high season, you’re right at the heart of things here. But also in the low season, when the old town is more peaceful and predominantly occupied by locals, this location has its own unique appeal.
For the romantic travelers of the old times, who love the beauty of the past but without losing the amenities of today, Hotel Leo after its recent complete renovation, and with respect to the tradition and its visitors needs, is considered to be an ideal option for your splendid stay in Rethymno.
- Hotel Name: Hotel Leo - Rethimno
- Area: Rethimno, Rethymno Town
- Why Go: City Style,Classic,Friendly enviroment,Shopping,Food & Wine,Art & Culture
Why we like it
- A small, delightful and perfectly located hotel
- Eleni, the owner, takes tremendous pride in her hotel and always there with her smile and valuable information
- The honeymoon suite is like a fairytale, do you love red?
What to know
- Don't miss to ask Eleni for the secret gems of Rethimno
- The old town area is pedestrian-only. So you park on the nearest street or in car park. The nearest parking spaces are a five-minute walk away; staff will assist with luggage on request.
- There’s no elevator or ground-floor accommodation, so it’s not suitable for those with impaired mobility.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Small Hotels & Inns||Cheap & Chic :|
|Rooms:||8||Architecture & style :|
|Pool:||No||Quality of service :|
|Dining:||Snack Bar||City Style :|
|Children:||Welcome||Family hospitality :|
|Closed:||November to February|