Kakkos Bay Hotel & Bungalows, situated on a beautiful bay with fine pebble beach between Koutsounari and Ferma, just 10km away from the small town of Ierapetra. The hotel is surrounded by a beautiful garden with lots of different trees and flowers. A small hotel with a nostalgic ambience and a beautiful beach, good food and friendly staff.
Kakkos Bay Hotel is constructed in harmony with its natural environment and has a nostalgic ambience that is often missing from luxury hotels.
Style and quality with a big smile at this oldest hotel of eastern Crete (rooms have been completely refurbished, modern and clean), chic and superbly serviced, family-minded hotel on the beach, 10 minutes from Ierapetra town.
Anonymous chain hotels on Crete are legion, so Kakkos Bay Hotel - owned by the Kakkou family since the 70's and now vibrantly redecorated and brilliantly run by same family makes a hugely refreshing change.
Ten minutes' drive from Ierapetra small, lively and actively town with the highest temperatures in Crete and Greece.
It gazes out over a fine pebble bay, more than ‘just another beach hotel’, Kakkos is one of those rare places where the personal touch has been wrought to a fine small friendly hotel.
42 bungalows for 2-4 persons situated in the garden area with air condition, satellite TV, refrigerator, safe, coffee pot, telephone, big bathroom with shower cabin mostly with separate W.C., view to the garden or the sea, large furnished terrace area.
35 rooms for 2-4 persons in the main building with air condition, satellite TV, refrigerator, safe, coffee pot, telephone, big bathroom with shower cabin or bathtub, furnished terrace or balcony, mostly with sea view
In main building there is the reception, a small mini-market, a large furnished lobby, lobby bar , TV room and main restaurant with a large terrace and a stunning views over Libyan sea. The superb taverna is at the beach under tamarisk trees right next to the sweet-water swimming-pool with the pool bar.
Explore other fairly quiet beaches nearby like Koutsounari, Agia Fotia, Galini, Achlia and Mavros Kolimbos or the interesting villages of Pefki and Agios Stefanos in the mountains above Makrigialos. Walk a small gorge in the area or visit the Kapsa Monastery nearby. Visit Ierapetra and take a boat trip to Chrissi Island (Gaidouronisi), with the white sands and cedar trees.
- Hotel Name: Kakkos Bay Hotel & Bungalows
- Area: Lasithi, Ferma
- Why Go: Beach-front Setting,Family-Friendly,Food & Wine,Friendly enviroment,Lovely Views,Modern,Pool,Quiet location,Relaxed
Why we like it
- Truly delicious food served throughout the day at hotel's tavern under tamarisk trees and spectacular sea views.
- One of the most beautiful beaches of Crete, just a breath away from the town of Ierapetra.
- Kakkos Bay has a nostalgic ambience that is often missing from luxury hotels.
What to know
- Often full in July and August, therefore you have to book really early.
- During weekends a lot of locals visit the taverna and the hotel beach so there is more noise than on weekdays
- Ierapetra is famous for its strong summer winds, but the Kakkos Bay beaches are always calm.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Mid-Size Hotels||Architecture & style :|
|Children:||Welcome||Marvelous view :|
|Closed:||November to March||Nice atmosphere :|