A wonderful, cozy, traditional family hotel. Warm hospitality and the best homemade, real Cretan, breakfast in Crete.
Like the hotel itself, all studios, are decorated in a pleasingly old-fashioned, traditional style with iron or wooden beds.
A beautiful traditional pansion located in the heart of Zaros, a picturesque traditional village, 45 km from Heraklion at the plain of Psiloritis Mountain, featured with natural springs and a small lake.
The studios are simple, yet spacious and airy, include a small kitchenette (except for 4 new rooms on the top floor) and a modern bathroom with shower. All studios have air conditioning, central heating and balconies. Some face the street & village and some face the countryside and mountains.
Staying at Keramos offers a real cretan village experience: because of its location in the heart of the Zaros mountain village and because of the special hospitality by lady-owner Katerina and her children.
Her renowned breakfast includes: fresh goat's milk, fresh eggs, homemade cake and pastries, little cretan cheese or spinach pies, honey, coffee or tea made from local mountain herbs. All made from the family's produce, with Katerina's cooking talent.
From Keramos, you can walk around the village, have fresh trout at nearby Votomos lake, walk the Zaros gorge and Rouvas forest in the area or visit the Vrondisi Monastery. Many other small villages near Zaros are worth exploring - the countryside is beautiful! Long sandy beaches (Kalamaki, Matala) can be found at a 40 minute drive.
- Hotel Name: Keramos Studios
- Area: Heraklion, Zaros
- Why Go: Friendly enviroment,Peaceful Rural Setting in Village,Village Athmosphere,Mountains,Relaxed,Food & Wine,Countryside,Adventure
Why we like it
- It’s a traditional family guesthouse where the visitor can enjoy the Cretan hospitality and the best breakfast in Crete made according to grandma’s recipes.
- A great base in order to visit the archaeological sites of Knossos, Phaestos and Gortys .. and some of the best beaches in south Crete.
What to know
- You really need a car to explore the lovely surrounding area and the sites.
- For lunch and dinner, do not worry. The hospitality and the feast are not far away. Around the corner you will find Vegera, where Vivi will offer you simply delicious food for prices that you can hardly find.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Small Hotels & Inns||Cheap & Chic :|
|Rooms:||14||Family hospitality :|
|Pool:||No||Village Atmosphere :|
|Closed:||Never||Nice atmosphere :|