Lagos Mare Boutique Hotel, overlooking the breathtaking beach of Agios Prokopios, most thoroughly enjoyable small boutique hotel with design flare in Naxos Island, that retains the intimate atmosphere of a heartwarming home that characterizes its upscale Mediterranean accommodation and the respect of the Lagos family for fine hospitality.
This is a feel-good hotel, with just 30 rooms and suites, without any formality and most of the staff have been around for years and many guests are regulars, which comes as no surprise as the place is astonishingly good value.
Situated in one of the best beaches is Naxos, the sandy beach of Agios Prokopios (350m), in walking distance from the Pristine Blue Waters, Lagos Mare offers an elegant and graceful accomodation, with excellent services, delicious food & facilities.
The beautiful swimming pool, the pool bar and the well-cared garden, as well as the exquisite “1924” restaurant and the beauty and wellness spa centre, make this hotel one of the most bewitching luxury Naxos Hotels, where you will enjoy life’s refined pleasures.
Agios Prokopios, a small seaside village with a wonderful endless sandy beach where according to Greek mythology, Dionysus decorated the sand and the clear blue waters with grains of gold, so that with the help of the stars, he could create a sparkly seductive environment for his romantic strolls with Ariadne.
Only 5 kilometres from Naxos town or else “Chora”, 2 kilometres from the Airport and very well connected with public transport- bus station right outside the hotel, the quaint village of Agios Prokopios provides an idyllic setting for those that seek a unique travel experience by the seaside.
The leading 1924 Restaurant, emphasizing in top quality local products and fresh sea food that after three generations of sea connoisseurs is provided straight from the family’s fishing boat. 1924 Restaurant, a fine dining experience, serving fresh cooked dishes based on traditional products, obtained daily by local producers. The well-known Naxian products, pure and natural, such as the mouth watering local cheese, delicious meat, organic vegetables and aromatic herbs, are the canvas for a contemporary Greek cuisine inspired by traditional recipes.
- Hotel Name: Lagos Mare Boutique Hotel
- Area: Cyclades, Naxos
- Why Go: Elegant,Design,Food & Wine,Family-Friendly,Friendly enviroment,Quality of service,Quiet location,Restaurant,Relaxed,Spa
Why we like it
- The hotel itself is fantastically authentic with a wonderful position nearby one of the best beaches of Naxos, and wonderful tastefully decorated rooms ... a very elegant and design environment.
- Lovely, friendly, well trained staff always ready to help you and of course Vasilis the owner is always there to arrange anything in 5 minutes. He is one of a rare breed of hotel owners.
- Playground is a plus for family with young kids.
- 1924 Restaurant, a fine dining experience, serving fresh cooked dishes based on traditional products, obtained daily by local producers.
What to know
- You have to prebook especially for July, August and September when the hotel is often fully booked.
- Try and avoid July-August if you can, when the island fills to bursting. June and September are perhaps the best 2 months, with April, May and October being better suited for hiking, cycling and more active types
- Good to know, there are frequent transfers to/from the beach (complimentary).
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Mid-Size Hotels||Beach/Seaside :|
|Rooms:||30||Family hospitality :|
|Pool:||Yes||Quality of service :|
|Dining:||Yes||Nice atmosphere :|
|Closed:||November to March||Young Couples :|