Lefkoritis is the only mountain retreat of its kind in Crete - may there be more!
With respect to both the natural and anthropogenic environment of the region of Sfakia, and by using only local materials such as stone and wood, it is created Lefkoritis Resort in the Askifou Plateau in Sfakia.
A unique in the region modern agritourism unit, built with care and attention, with integrated hospitality and dining facilities, as well as many activities.
This is the right place both for nature lovers as well as for those seeking an alternative and out of the ordinary break. It is an ideal destination for relaxation, recreation and activities all year round.
Built out of hewn stone and is a hotel, restaurant and riding lodge combined - standing in a prime view position looking across the Askifou.
Set in the White Mountains on the road from the North coast to the areas of the south where St.Paul was rumored to have found safe harbour (Sfakia, Loutro...), the atmosphere provided is unique to mountain resorts - in Crete it is unique to Lefkoritis.
Askifou is in the heart of the Lefka Ori (white mountains), before you reach Imbros from where many choose to walk the Imbros Gorge, is another village where the Sfakian pies are good, local fresh foods can be had and the welcome is warm and inviting.
Lefkoritis is above and on the edge of the village and has an excellent view to the Askifou plateau and mountain peaks
The apartments are either one or two bedroom, the larger ones having a stone fireplace. All have commanding views and are furnished in a traditional style. The living areas are comfortable and bathrooms are marble.
Fine local meals are served in the popular restaurant/taverna. A selection of game is available on the menu of Lefkoritis. Here you can taste the famous Cretan cuisine, with dishes cooked or baked in a traditional wood oven.
Whether you visit the stables below and go horseback riding, or just to breath the mountain air and relax in style...you will receive a friendly, casual, warm-hearted welcome.
- Hotel Name: Lefkoritis Mountain Resort
- Area: Chania, Askifou Plateau
- Why Go: Adventure,Countryside,Family-Friendly,Mountains,Quiet location,Rural
Why we like it
- It has the atmosphere of a hunting lodge and the emphasis is placed on outdoor activities with lots to do in the area (hiking, shooting, riding, mountain bike etc.)
- Some of the most beautiful beaches in Crete (Frangokastello, Sfakia, Loutro and Glyka Nera( by boat) and other sites are not far away.
- Lefkoritis is located in a beautiful valley in the mountains off the road to Sfakia with great mountain views.
- One more good feature is closeness to the Imbros gorge (a sort of kinder, gentler and certainly much "shorter Samaria substitute" )
What to know
- You really need a car to explore the surrounding area, unless you’re a mountain bike fanatic.
- Not a lot going around, so Lefkoritis could feel rather isolated and sleepy (a high for some people).
- The nearest beach is a 30-minute drive away.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Apartments - Studios||Mountain :|
|Rooms:||13||Marvelous view :|
|Closed:||Never||Architecture & style :|