"On The Rocks" has a direct sea view. Modernity and comfort. New, compact and light double rooms, one bedroom suites and the interesting penthouse suites.
All with sea view balconies (2nd floor rooms, however, look across a recently added cable which divides the view).
All rooms have air conditioning, TV, mini-bar, telephone and direct internet access. There is a large lounge bar area and ample terrace seating - service is rather casual (you may have to look for someone to serve you at some times of day). There is a small gift shop as well. A buffet breakfast can be enjoyed by the sea.
A three minute walk from the centre of the town, makes this very convenient. Paleochora is a finger of land juts into the Libyan sea, sporting a pebble and rock beach to the east and extensive sandy beach on its west side. Wonderful cafes - including newly opened Water's Edge and the kafeneio where they heat Greek coffee in the traditional hot sand system as many cafes with individual styles and atmosphere; to a vegeterian restaurant or one late afternoon perch with an eagle's eye view across the beach, to the numerous tavernas.
A cool cafe at the Kasarma fortress offers views across Paleochora.. A proximity to some pleasant mountain villages and relative closeness for a trip to Elafonisos. A friendly place to be. Also a point to set sail to the southernmost island of Gavdos from, go whale or dolphin watching.
So the next thing is choosing: a standard room with balcony (slightly limited in space), a suite with extra space or... one of the wood-beamed, fireplace and skylight featured, fully furnished two-bedroom penthouse suites. If you can - treat yourself to one of the penthouse suites.
For this part of the south coast On The Rocks Hotel is one of the better hotels.
- Hotel Name: On The Rocks Hotel
- Area: Chania, Paleochora
- Why Go: Beach-front Setting,Friendly enviroment,Lovely Views,Quiet location,Quality of service,Village Athmosphere
Why we like it
- Amazing sea and ... spectacular sunrise views
- A warm hospitality from a young, friendly and helpful team
- Paleochora a lovely and friendly place to be with a proximity to some pleasant mountain villages and relative closeness for a trip to Elafonisos and other great beaches. Also a point to set sail to the southernmost island of Gavdos from, go whale or dolphin watching.
What to know
- The type of sea directly in front of hotel is in the name - on the rocks - therefore for swimming you have to visit another one of the superb choices you have around (350 m)
- Double Rooms are small, have limited space (18 m2)
- Ask for first floor rooms to avoid cables that mar 2nd floor views
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Small Hotels & Inns||Marvelous view :|
|Pool:||Not available||Cheap & Chic :|
|Dining:||Breakfast||Nice atmosphere :|
|Children:||Welcome||Village Atmosphere :|
|Closed:||November to March||Family :|