This magical place ...
In two distinct buildings the hotel is the modest princess of one of the most special places in Crete, Loutro.
An unparalleled scenic location, with bright airy rooms, crisp quality at low price just unique.
The hotel, created with quality, comfort and simplicity, is made up of two buildings.
Almost all rooms have a wondrous mountain and sea view. Rooms have private balcony, bathroom and air conditioning. Each part of the hotel has a bar-cafe and breakfast area.
Hotel Porto Loutro I building sits fairly and squarely in the centre of the small pebble beach, forming the focal point of the arched bay - a few steps from your room and you are at tempting water's edge.
Hotel Porto Loutro II building perches a few steps above the west side of the tiny bay (with a terrace bar and view worth travelling thousands of miles for).
Hotel Porto Loutro I will be opened this year (2015) from 01 April - 31 October 2015.
Hotel Porto Loutro II will be opened from 02 May - 31 December 2015. Yes, thii is correct open for 1,5 months longer this year (2015) for guests that will like to see and experience Loutro from a different angle.... Providing breakfast, lunch and dinner, sweets, soft drinks, beers, alcohol, cocktails and many more you will have all you need during your stay. In addition,individual and group bookings are welcome during this perios, which is perfect for hiking and walking. We can organise your transfer from the airports of Crete to Sfakia and to Loutro. For the more adventures hikers there is the walk from Sfakia to Loutro about 1 hour 45min. Porto Loutro II will be rent canoes and swimming gear will be provided for sunny winter trips. People can fly light as Porto Loutro provides for free beach towels, hair dryer, amenities and a kettle.
Porto Loutro II decided to stay open because Loutro is magical all year round and we feel it is a gift to manage and stay open for a bit longer...
Gazing at the mountains, listening to the clanking goat bells, reading, swimming, endless choice of walks and climbs - visit Anopolis and the Aradena Gorge, take boat trips to your choice of beach-for-the-day. Peace and quiet with no cars!
Please note that Hotel Porto Loutro is unable to accommodate children under 7 years old.
"There is nowhere else like it in Crete and having traveled in search of wonderful and heart-warming places, I have not found any equal to Loutro....the view from the hotel terrace bar is one of the best in the world, of this I'm sure." One of the more quotes from Porto Loutro guests!
Renting a car: As you will be taking the ferry to get to Loutro, please note that you cannot take a car with you to Loutro (it is car-free), so you will need to park your car in Sfakia harbour. Of course, if you are staying at Loutro for many days, perhaps it is better to use a taxi to travel to/from Sfakia, rather than have your rental car "sit" at the parking area.
- Hotel Name: Porto Loutro
- Area: Chania, Loutro
- Why Go: Beach-front Setting,Lovely Views,Relaxed,Family-Friendly,Food & Wine,Honeymoon,Lovely Views,Mountains,Quiet location,Romantic
Why we like it
- A perfect place to walk, flop, read , swim, paint, eat healthily, sip wine, and if you poke around sample simple, but genuinely Cretan food, with kind happy people.
- You have your own balcony and sea view (there are also three rooms at Porto Loutro I with a tree or side view, shadier and even quieter).
- This is a sea view with a difference, the bay, the mountains, the islet that edges one side of the bay and the distant glimmer of Sfakia and Frangokastello at night.
- Alison, Sofia and all the staff at Porto Loutro are great and very friendly. Feel very at home during our stay is not a cliche.
- We love Loutro the place where there are no car.... and Porto Loutro is so great as from your bed, you can see the sea! Having breakfast under the shade of the trees and watching the sea as you can almost touch it is a wonderful experience. Alison & Sofia are wonderful hosts.
What to know
- The only connection between Loutro and Chora Sfakion is by ferry or private boat taxis.
- Please note that Hotel Porto Loutro is unable to accommodate children under 7 years old.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Small Hotels & Inns||Beach/Seaside :|
|Rooms:||50||Marvelous view :|
|Pool:||No||Family hospitality :|
|Dining:||Breakfast||Cheap & Chic :|
|Children:||Just for older than 7 years old||Nice atmosphere :|
|Closed:||15 December - March||Mountain :|