Sometimes you just want to stay in an amazing place on the beach. This is it. Charming, tidy and modern, six lovely sea view apartments and five cozy rooms.
Exclusive location right on a pebble beach with some sand, there are a few rocks as you enter the sea. The centre of Agia Galini is a seafront ten minute walk.
Romantika Apartments is, one of a few such intimate spots in Crete at sand and sea's side. Here you have a peaceful heaven and a short stretch away, the beach town of Agia Galini itself. Neat, modern and tidy with only-sea views. A few steps and you are sitting sipping a drink or eating at the family run beach cafe/taverna.
It is the quiet and well kept taverna (Cretan, Greek and Mediterranean cuisine), beachside cafe and large areas to enjoy quiet moments to sit, play chess on the giant outdoor chessboard for example or maybe mini golf. All of this is run for you by the welcoming and helpful Petrakakis family who own both the apartments-rooms and the restaurant.
And of course or why not you could stay here during the winter as well. The apartment rental is "as is", meaning: you do your own cleaning, linen & towels are changed once a week, the taverna is closed and breakfast is not available. But maybe this is what you prefer... simple, quiet and peaceful.
Agia Galini has some unique features. A small town growing up its hillside with harbour edged with cafes and tavernas smaller shops and a beach to the side of the harbour. It provides variety, entertainment, small shops and boat trips.
You can visit Matala or Phaestos in 25 minutes or Rethymno in an hour, by car. Numerous villages on the Amari to Zaros and Spili routes beckon with the temptation of traditional hospitality and the spectrum of local life.
- Hotel Name: Romantika Apartments
- Area: Rethimno, Agia Galini
- Why Go: Relaxed,Lovely Views,Family-Friendly,Beach-front Setting
Why we like it
- Just wonderful - if you had stumbled across this garden-setting, on-the-sandy-beach group of six apartments and rooms you would know you are a lucky traveler. Neat, modern and tidy with only-sea views.
- The family run cafe/tavern with Cretan, Greek and Mediterranean cuisine peacefully nestled in gardnens is a dining and relaxing delight.
- Enjoy the boat trips to the nearby beaches and Paximadia islands.
- A convenient base to visit Phaestos, Agia Triada and Gortys three of the most important archeological sites in Crete.
What to know
- Agia Galini is another erstwhile picturesque fishing village that has lost much of its original charm due to the development of tourism ... but still a lot to show and enjoy.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Apartments - Studios||Beach/Seaside :|
|Pool:||No||Family hospitality :|
|Dining:||Yes||Marvelous view :|
|Children:||Yes||Architecture & style :|
|Closed:||Never||Village Atmosphere :|