In Sivas village - Sivas Villas, these traditional stone village houses are built in 1900 and renovated in 2004, right there in the heart the Cretan south, beautiful restored stone, courtyards, pools and comfortable rooms and living areas...all a walk of minutes only from numerous cafes, tavernas and bakeries in the village.
While a wider choice is offered in Matalla, Mires, Tympaki, small towns close to Sivas.
Sivas Villas are unique because each of them has its own personality.
Another advantage that going on holidays in Sivas has, is that many feasts and celebrations take place during the summer and the way the celebrations happen during the Easter will provoke your interest.
From Sivas it's downhill either way (literally and conveniently!) to Kommos beach and its archaeology-on-the beach attraction, or Matala and its deep sandy beach and restaurants ... both 5-7 minutes drive.
Sivas picturesque Village is located 62 km away southern from Iraklion or Heraklion Town, on the western slopes of Asterousia Mountains, at an altitude of 110 meters. Sivas has been declared a protected settlement; thus, many of the old houses in the area are protected and preserved. The village boasts beautiful traditional squares, with taverns in the center of the village.
Siva is the name of the old city from Hellenistic times. The department of culture did declare this as cultural protected living area. In Siva, in the year of 970 the holy Ioannis the stranger (o Xenos) was born, who fight for Christianity at Crete. He founded many monasteries after the victory of Nikiforos Fokas at the Arabs. People say that in former days the village was called Cevahir, which means in Turkish: “Diamant”.
Just outside Siva there is an historical water spring near the road. In Siva are held some nice events from the 26th to the 29th of Augustus, such as exhibitions, theater, cultural events, youth-events and much more. On the 29th of August this event is closed with a great traditional fiesta with Cretan music.
- Hotel Name: Sivas Villas
- Area: Heraklion, Sivas
- Why Go: Family-Friendly,Classic,Friendly enviroment,Private Pool,Relaxed,Village Athmosphere
Why we like it
- The thing is, they all have interesting locations and good facilities. Some in these interesting and cozy local villages, others more rural but with mouth-watering views where sipping a drink by your pool in the evening as the sun cools and the barbecue heats up is a bite of paradise.
- A great base to explore south coast and all villas within a few minutes' drive of Matala and Phaestos
- Just 6km away from one of the longest sandy beaches in Crete, Kommos.
What to know
- Public transport doesn't come this far, so you need to hire a car.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Villas||Cheap & Chic :|
|Rooms:||2||Village Atmosphere :|
|Pool:||Private Pool||Family :|
|Dining:||No||Family hospitality :|