Built in 5 months by a team of fifty craftsmen around an original factory-cum-olive press and the 13th to 17th century remains of traditional village houses, Spilia Village is the true Cretan country village inn.
Spilia Village Traditional Hotel is a place of good quality, built of stone and finished with timbers. Pleasant but uncluttered decor. Spilia’s 4000 square meters and thirty rooms, four of them suites, await you.
Rooms have a neat, pleasing style and suites are specially so - all finished with much woodwork and stone. Bathrooms are modern, with shower or bathtub. All rooms have air conditioning, telephone, radio, TV, mini bar, whirlpool or air massage in the bathrooms.
Given the unique architecture of this cluster of buildings, views and terraces for each room vary greatly. Some have shared balcony or terrace, some small wooden/metal balconies, some have no balcony or terrace (normally on a high floor). Views are to the village street (by the entrance), to the pool (some rooms with ground floor terrace near the pool), across the pool to the village and surrounding hills.
One can wander through the village of Spilia, be on the beach in ten minutes, and sitting at the waterfront in Chania Town in less than half an hour.
Nearby Kolymbari village sets the stage for the beautiful hills and mountains lying between the north coast and Paleochora in the south. You are sure to discover many remarkably untouched villages, interesting beaches, and uncrowded areas.
The hillsides are lush – many wonderful fruit trees and nature thrives. Kolymbari village by the sea offers a long beach, shops, many tavernas, and an exceptional café on the waterfront (open year-round), as well as the fascinating Odigitrias Gonias Monastery with worthwhile icons.
Spilia Village also offers an ideal choice for meetings, events and small groups of up to 20 persons in a warm environment of tranquillity and isolation. Ask for more information.
Good to know: The hotel restaurant is open for dinner April to mid-October. Satellite TV reaches some rooms - let us know if this is important to you.
- Hotel Name: Spilia Village Traditional Hotel
- Area: Chania, Spilia
- Why Go: Countryside,Friendly enviroment,Peaceful Rural Setting in Village,Pool,Relaxed,Family-Friendly,Food & Wine
Why we like it
- The experience of a village in Crete.
- qAn ideal base to explore unique West Crete and a few of the best beaches on the island.
- Friendly, informative staff chosen with care from the surrounding villages, always there to help and provide the valuable information you need.
What to know
- Given the unique architecture of this cluster of buildings, views and terraces for each room vary greatly. Some have shared balcony or terrace, some small wooden/metal balconies, some have no balcony or terrace (normally on a high floor). Views are to the village street (by the entrance), to the pool (some rooms with ground floor terrace near the pool), across the pool to the village and surrounding hills.
- You need to rent a car in order to explore the surroundings and this beautiful region of Crete.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Small Hotels & Inns||Village Atmosphere :|
|Pool:||Indoor / Outdoor Pool||Family hospitality :|
|Dining:||Yes||Nice atmosphere :|
|Closed:||November-March||Architecture & style :|