A real gem in a serene setting.
Small and personal, quiet and wholesome - it is somewhere you feel a sense of belonging from the moment you arrive.
Kato Zakros remains the most original, unspoilt, non-touristy destination in Crete.
It is built right on the top of the amphitheatric, fertile valley of Kato Zakros, looking out over the sea, high above the olive, orange, and lemon trees.
A quiet, pleasant place to enjoy serenity and calmness, hearing the sounds of birds, cicadas, and light breezes. The beach of Kato Zakros is just 500 meters away, a pleasant stroll.
More than thirty big trees (pine trees, carob trees, fig trees, horse chestnuts, ficus trees, araucarias, etc.) in the garden provide a deep, refreshing shadow during the hot summer days.
In the evening, you will enjoy the aroma of local herbs such as thyme, oregano, mint, rosemary, sage and “throumbi” (savory) mixed with jasmine and basil. After a refreshing sleep, the next morning you have the option to either hike the Gorge of the Dead, 150 meters away, or to visit the Minoan Palace of Kato Zakros, a five-minute walk... Perhaps it is a hot summer day and in the end you simply prefer to head down to the beach for a refreshing swim – a mere eight-minute walk away.
But above all and always, you will find the warm hospitality, friendly atmosphere, and the ready smiles of Stella and Elias, owners of Stella's Traditional Apartments and Terra Minoika Villas.
- Hotel Name: Stella’s Traditional Apartments
- Area: Lasithi, Kato Zakros
- Why Go: Friendly enviroment,Lovely Views,Peaceful Rural Setting in Village,Quiet location,Relaxed,Rural
Why we like it
- Here you will find the warm hospitality, friendly atmosphere, and the ready smiles of Stella and Elias, owners of Stella's Traditional Apartments.
- Elias has excellent knowledge and experience of hiking trails and other outdoor activities around the area.
- Kato Zakros remains the most original, unspoilt, non-touristy destination in Crete.
What to know
- Hiring a car is a must and will allow you to explore the area better.
- Bathrooms are fairly basic.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Apartments - Studios||Marvelous view :|
|Rooms:||3||Village Atmosphere :|
|Dining:||No||Quality of service :|
|Children:||Welcome||Young Couples :|
|Closed:||10 December - 10 January||Beach/Seaside :|