Some places seem to have one place that's just right to stay, that soars above the rest - that transforms the experience of staying there.
This is a delightful wide-view, warm, south coast home away from home, family run. Picture windows, balconies, space. Thalassa House Apartments earns its name ("sea house") because of its views of the sea starting just below your balcony and stretching with Plakias' wide arched bay, into the sea beyond.
Modern finishes, highly convenient design make this a comfortable and functional place to stay and be independent. Proudly standing high enough above sea level for the fine views, but not a noticeable climb, so you can walk to and from the central parts of Plakias in about 10 minutes. More peaceful and well, more select.
Though the beach in front of Thalassa House Apartments is a mixture of pebbles, sand and rock, Plakias itself has one of the largest arcs of sandy beach on the south coast. With its quiet harbour and good walking trails, interesting nearby villages such as Myrthios, Rodakino and other quiet beaches like Damnoni, Ammoudi, Schoiraria and Souda.
Easy access to Frangokastelo and Sfakia for its own interesting features, onward to Anopoli and if you will a 15 minute boat trip to the delightful car-less village of Loutro. Rethymno can be visited from Plakias in about an hour by car or bus.
- Hotel Name: Thalassa House Apartments
- Area: Rethimno, Plakias Village
- Why Go: Beach-front Setting,Lovely Views,Friendly enviroment,Family-Friendly,Village Athmosphere
Why we like it
- Plakias Village is a great base to enjoy beautiful nature, gorges, beaches and monasteries.
- Lovely sea views.
- Value for money nowadays is a plus.
What to know
- Plakias can get very very windy during summer.
- Using the nearby facilities of Horizon Hotel (same owner) for it may be positive for other who prefer more privacy not.
- German and English speaking owners.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Apartments - Studios||Marvelous view :|
|Rooms:||3||Cheap & Chic :|
|Pool:||No||Family hospitality :|
|Children:||Welcome||Village Atmosphere :|