Maybe this is your dream. During a sunny summer morning you wake up, open your shutters to views of the sparkling sea and small fishermen's boats bobbing in the water. Time to live your dream ...
Norwegian Gunnar Stromsholm restored several old fishermen’s houses at the edge of Makrigialos. The three largest are the stars, each spread over 2 floors with big sunny terraces, furnished and decorated with a combination of old and modern: fantastic antiques, impressive handmade terracotta chairs, marble floors, wooden sofas, contemporary art and excellent kitchens combine modern appliances. The smallest house is split into two apartments, perfect for couples.
The nearby beach of Makrigialos has fine sand and shallow waters and is wonderful for young children, and teenagers will appreciate that they can walk in a few minutes to nearby cafés.
A great place to enjoy : swimming in the nearby sandy beaches, hiking in mountains (a trekker’s paradise year round), eating delicious fish and local specialities in one of the many seaside tavernas, experience local life, relaxing and dreaming.
- Hotel Name: The White Houses Of Crete
- Area: Lasithi, Makrigialos
- Why Go: Beach-front Setting,Friendly enviroment,Lovely Views,Relaxed,Village Athmosphere
Why we like it
- The waterfront location is ideal, so close to the beach, with places to eat and drink only a short stroll away.
- A great choice of sizes, ranging from a couple to a large family.
- The beach of Makriyialos has a very gentle incline that makes it particularly suitable for children.
What to know
- The houses are next to the small harbour so don’t expect total silence at night. But fortunately there are no noisy bars close by, and there’s no traffic to speak of either. Also bear in mind that inside, the two apartments are more modern in style than the houses.
- Please bear in mind that inside, the two apartments are more modern in style than the houses.
- Properties have steps, and are on various levels which might cause problems for some people. If you have any concerns about accessibility then please do contact us as we would be delighted to advise.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Rooms:||5||Cheap & Chic :|
|Pool:||No||Architecture & style :|
|Dining:||No||Nice atmosphere :|
|Closed:||Never||Village Atmosphere :|