The Windmill Hotel, on the tiny volcanic island of Kimolos in Cyclades, dates from 1852 and remains one of the few traditionally restored windmills in Greece today.
Your authentic Cyclades experience on Kimolos Island.
Kimolos is what many call the "real Greece" and has it all: sheer natural beauty, picturesque villages, volcanic rocks, rich flora, azure skies, turquoise and aquamarine waters, secluded beaches, happy people, rich flora and fauna, amazing rock formations, delicious food, the castle, many wonderful churches and it's unspoiled with far less tourism than other islands in the Cyclades.
Windmill Hotel has been recently renovated to create an elegant boutique-style hotel with 5 superb rooms (within same complex) feature all modern amenities and facilities. Two of the roooms are in the actual windmill (one of those is on two levels) and the other three in the outbuildings. They are not big, but each has its own space so you can sit outside.
What makes Windmill Hotel special for us, the unspoiled destination, the exceptional location with fabulous sea views, charm and authenticity of Greek hospitality, classic design and intimate scale, relaxing atmosphere, all combine to create a rare blend of exclusive, attentive service, against the stunning Aegean Sea backdrop.
Located between the port of Kimolos and "Chorio", at Kimolos island, formerly known as 'Argentiera', the so-called 'pirates’ island.
The small fascinating island of Kimolos (just 600 permanent inhabitants) has a lot of bays, sandy and rocky beaches and numerous sea caves, a new Archaeological Museum and in the Castle the Folklore Museum. Take a sea taxi and tour the island and enjoy the beautiful, small, secluded beaches of the north side of the island.
You can also visit the islands of Polyaigos, Milos or the neighboring island of Sifnos.
If you enjoy trekking there are a couple of walking routes that take you to every corner of the island.
- Hotel Name: The Windmill Hotel - Kimolos
- Area: Cyclades, Kimolos
- Why Go: Lovely Views,Quality of service,Quiet location,Relaxed,Romantic
Why we like it
- Kimolos is not Mykonos or Santorini. Locals live a slow paced life, and they like it that way. They cater to tourists who seek out an authentic Greek island, where they can relax and join in with our local people.
- Extremely polite, friendly staff ready to help you with any enquiry you could have.
- Absolutely a delicious breakfast with stunning views.
- We loved the star gazing at night.
What to know
- The cafe/bar is opened to the public. The terrace in one of the rooms is not private and other guests had to pass through to go to their room.
- The hotel used to be a working windmill therefore when the meltemi blows it’s windy.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Small Hotels & Inns||Architecture & style :|
|Rooms:||5||Cheap & Chic :|
|Pool:||No||Marvelous view :|
|Dining:||Cafe/Bar||Nice atmosphere :|
|Children:||Welcome||Young Couples :|
|Closed:||November to March||Beach/Seaside :|