Villa Kamilari, unsurprisingly at Kamilari Village in southern coast of Crete, nearby Matala, is fitted in between attractive house just off the village square, with its own private courtyard and pool.
The villa hails from 1903 (renovated in 2004) but is much modernized! It sleeps 4 people (up to 6 if you need), with two bedrooms and 1 bathroom on two floors.
The entrance to the house leads to a private parking area and a small garden with outdoor sitting area. Inside: a spacious living-room with a fireplace, traditional furniture, comfortable sofas converting to single beds,satellite TV, DVD player, HiFi system.
A stone made arch leads to the dining area and fully equipped kitchen (with microwave, percolator, electric cooker, fridge, toaster and all utensils). In the basement there is a spacious bedroom with a double and a single bed, a bathroom with a shower cabin, hair-dryer and washing machine.
Wooden stairs lead to another bedroom with wood floor (ondas) with a double bed and a sofa convertible to a single bed, which looks out on a terrace leading to a garden with a good view. Swimming pool (3.5m x 7.00m, 1.30m deep) and barbeque. Air conditioning (cooling-heating), safe box and electric iron.
Kamilari is a quite, traditional village in southern Crete. It is small and scenic, with all the features of a typical Cretan village with a small main square, a church and the famous kafeneia full of character crowded by locals.
Kamilari (350 inhabitants) is built on three hilltops, Goulas, Alevrotas and Evgoras, and offers a panoramic view of the olive groves of the Messara Plain, the peaks of Psiloritis Mountain and the south Cretan Sea.
Kamilari is very close to Tymbaki, Mires and the seaside villages of Kalamaki and Matala and just 4 km from the Phaistos archaeological site … just the ideal base in order to explore the lovely plain of Messara, with its picturesque villages, rich history and, of course, its great beaches in this part of Crete.
- Hotel Name: Villa Kamilari
- Area: Heraklion, Kamilari
- Why Go: Private Pool,Relaxed,Quiet location,Village Athmosphere,Family-Friendly,Food & Wine
Why we like it
- The thing is, they all have interesting locations and good facilities. Some in these interesting and cozy local villages, others more rural but with mouth-watering views where sipping a drink by your pool in the evening as the sun cools and the barbecue heats up is a bite of paradise.
- A great base to explore south coast and all villas within a few minutes' drive of Matala and Phaestos.
- Just 3.5km away from one of the longest sandy beaches in Crete, Kommos.
What to know
- Public transport doesn't come this far, so you need to hire a car
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Rooms:||1||Village Atmosphere :|
|Pool:||Private Pool||Architecture & style :|
|Children:||Welcome||Nice atmosphere :|
|Closed:||Never||Young Couples :|