Villa Pasiphae is located in the centre of the village of Kamilari. Built in 1903 in neo-classical style, restored in 1996, it has a spacious yard and a view of the sea (in the distance) and the mountains.
A traditional three-storey house of 200 m2, for 10-12 people (5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms total). Next to the house there are two lodgings with bathrooms that can accommodate 2-4 people each. (These are not booked separately, but only in case the house needs to accommodate up to 20 people).
On the ground floor living room with fireplace, dining room, large fully equipped kitchen, 2 bathrooms (one with whirlpool bathtub 1.55x 1.55m and the other with hydro-massage shower cabin) and one master bedroom.
On the first floor, 3 double bedrooms, 2 bathrooms with shower and a gym room. On the second floor 1 double bedroom with bathroom with shower.
All rooms are furnished with original traditional pieces of furniture. Air conditioning (cooling-heating), safe box, satellite TV. Large private swimming pool, small children's pool, large veranda, garden and barbecue.
Kamilari is a quite, traditional village in southern Crete. It is small and scenic, with all the features of a typical Cretan village with a small main square, a church and the famous kafeneia full of character crowded by locals.
Kamilari (350 inhabitants) is built on three hilltops, Goulas, Alevrotas and Evgoras, and offers a panoramic view of the olive groves of the Messara Plain, the peaks of Psiloritis Mountain and the south Cretan Sea.
Kamilari is very close to Tymbaki, Mires and the seaside villages of Kalamaki and Matala and just 4 km from the Phaistos archaeological site … just the ideal base in order to explore the lovely plain of Messara, with its picturesque villages, rich history and, of course, its great beaches in this part of Crete.
- Hotel Name: Villa Pasiphae
- Area: Heraklion, Kamilari
- Why Go: Beautiful Terraces and Gardens,Classic,Family-Friendly,Friendly enviroment,Village Athmosphere,Quiet location,Private Pool
Why we like it
- The thing is, they all have interesting locations and good facilities. Some in these interesting and cozy local villages, others more rural but with mouth-watering views where sipping a drink by your pool in the evening as the sun cools and the barbecue heats up is a bite of paradise.
- A great base to explore south coast and all villas within a few minutes' drive of Matala and Phaestos.
- Just 3.5km away from one of the longest sandy beaches in Crete, Kommos.
What to know
- Public transport doesn't come this far, so you need to hire a car
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Villas||Architecture & style :|
|Rooms:||1||Cheap & Chic :|
|Pool:||Private Pool||Village Atmosphere :|
|Children:||Welcome||Family hospitality :|
|Closed:||Never||Marvelous view :|