Perched above the interesting village of Axos, on the cascading side of Psiloritis mountain near Anogia, inland and west of Heraklion (43 km) - but ages away in atmosphere.
Yakinthos Archontiko Manias is special, as are the views from it, the produce provided for your breakfast, the many historical, archaeological or cultural interests (your hosts will tell you where) nearby, traditional hospitality.
Many archaeological sites and caves, much history about which the owners are happy to guide and inform you. There are local Kafeneia, tavernas and more in the village but surely you will love your traditional breakfast and meals and Iperoon Restaurant of hotel. Fine natural, local ingredients are provided for your breakfast, which you can enjoy at your leisure in the studios and apartments.
The owners will sample Raki with you, and happily introduce you to all manner of local interests. Their son's talent with the mandolin is often expressed in impromptu musical evenings, to the delight of guests (the photos are family and guest moments).
The family that owns the hotel can organize excursions and guided tours in the area.
Some nearby attractions: the Nida Plateau, ruins of the ancient Palace of Oaxos, the tombs of the Hellenistic period, Ideon Andron, Kamariti and Sfendoni caves and the deserted monastery of Helepa.
- Hotel Name: Yakinthos Archontiko Manias
- Area: Rethimno, Axos
- Why Go: Adventure,Family-Friendly,Countryside,Quiet location,Relaxed,Rural
Why we like it
- Excellent warm hospitality by Vasilis, Maria and his family.
- Great base in order to explore mainland and south coast of Rethimno.
- A great place where you could participate in cooking, making cheese, kneading, cooking “antikristo” meat and in the production of raki.
- Peaceful setting with a village atmosphere.
What to know
- You need to rent a car, other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Apartments - Studios||Family hospitality :|
|Dining:||Breakfast (Extra Charge)||Rural :|